Active Scheme research groups Lassi Kortela 28 Dec 2020 23:16 UTC
For https://research.scheme.org it would be nice to gather a list of the
Scheme research groups that are still active.
- Gambit is developed at U Montreal and papers are published at conferences.
- Chez is also being developed, but what's the formal arrangement - are
they employees of Cisco? Do they still publish papers?
- Racket should be listed - not only is the language Scheme-based, but
they publish papers that address topics relevant to Scheme. Racket folks
also work on Chez now.
- Is MIT Scheme still considered a research system in its own right, or
is it mainly a stable platform for unrelated research applications? Is
there a de facto "Scheme group" currently at MIT? Do the people behind
<https://github.com/scheme> still have a formal attachment to MIT?
- Siskind and Pearlmutter are working academically on what looks like
differentiable programming based on Scheme:
<https://github.com/Functional-AutoDiff>. This is at Purdue / Hamilton?
- Anything I missed?