My apologies for the long silence... I have taken all of the comments
received and integrated them in a new version of SRFI-18. Many things
have changed so I suggest that interested parties re-read the whole
document. You can find the new document at this URL
I hope the SRFI editors can copy this document to the official SRFI-18
web page soon.
1) Weakening of fairness constraints
2) Clarification of the semantics of continuations and memory coherency
3) Addition of a "time" datatype and timeouts on synchronization primitives
4) Addition of an exception handling mechanism and multiprocessing exception
5) Removal of thread-startup!, thread-result, thread-end-mutex
6) Addition of thread-join!, thread-sleep!
7) Addition of thread-min-priority and thread-max-priority
8) Addition of condition-variable-wait!