SRFI 166: Monadic Formatting Arthur A. Gleckler 27 Mar 2019 19:34 UTC
Scheme Request for Implementation 166,
by Alex Shinn,
is now available for discussion.
Its draft and an archive of the ongoing discussion are available
You can join the discussion of the draft by filling out the
subscription form on that page.
You can contribute a message to the discussion by sending it to
Here's the abstract:
A library of procedures for formatting Scheme objects to text in
various ways, and for easily concatenating, composing and
extending these formatters efficiently without resorting to
capturing and manipulating intermediate strings.
This SRFI is an updated version of SRFI 159, primarily with the
difference that state variables are hygienic.
Summary of differences from SRFI 159:
- State variables are first class and hygienic
- Added written-shared, pretty-shared
- Added as-color, pretty-colored
- Added ambiguous-is-wide? state variable
- Restored non-uniform comma rules as needed in India
- Restored upcased and downcased
- Several clarifications and more examples